
This is my living quarters for the summer.

This is the view from my front porch.
This is my office, with proper working attire.
Some of my co-workers.
The guy who was the Red Lantern Winner for the 2004 Iditarod. That means he got last place, but still finished. Really cool guy.
I just got back from a 4 day sea kayaking trip in Prince William Sound. You can see the clients ahead of me on the right while I look at the map and try to figure out where we are...
Our nation's bird in flight. These are all over the place here.
An interesting picture of an ice climb that Mark and I did. I talked about Mark some before and how we were climbing together a lot and he was starting to be a great friend. Yeah, he got fired last week and now he is in Canada. Dang it.
I'm leaving for another trip in two days, but before that I have two days off and I am going fly-fishing for king salmon. I will be away for two-weeks, so I will hopefully get to catch up with some of you then. Thanks a million to all of you guys who keep up with this and in contact. I love you all. My mind is still racing, doubting, questioning, searching, ect., but knowing that I have such quality family and friends helps a ton. Thanks again.
-colby
Bear count: 0
Fresh bear scat count: 1
Number of Grizzly bears sighted by our neighbor in the past 2 days: 3
17 comments:
Colby! What amazing pictures. I must say I´m throughly jealous. I don´t have anything special to say either I guess. I still think your´re great. I appreciate the honesty and realness I can always find in you. I hope you have fun fly-fishing...you need to teach Drew if you ever get the chance...he´s dying to learn. Continue to drop your little notes...they are nice.
Beth
I am sorry about Mark. But hey, great news for me!!! One less person I have to waste time praying for...
Ha, there is intense sarcasm in that, in case you could not tell.
As with Beth, I am throughly jealous.
Colby, you are doing good. I love you and I am very proud of you.
hey bud, love ya and i'm proud of you too. have a great trip over the next two weeks...where ya'll headed? harriman fjord i hope. i almost met my fate at serpentine. hopefully you'll get to go and you'll see know what i mean. keep on keep (you know)...you're really good at life man. i'm sure the people there are better for being around you, and i think you'll be reaffirmed of that before this summer's over. later tex.
hey, i am def. pr-ing for ya
Hey Colby,
The view is A-MAZING!! Wow God made some beautiful scenery. Sounds like you are having a great time and doin well. I hope the bear count stays down for ya. That is cool that you get to see eagles. Well take care and I will continue to keep you in thoughts and prayers.
Love ya--
You fav Cuz--Nicole
I want to see pictures of the fish.
so a friend of a friend of a friend(tanner) told me you had this. i think i remember you at some point telling me, then i think at some point i forgot. im very impressed with how you are keeping this up. exciting to here whats going on in your life. i think thats great you are not content in where you are. in fact i would fear the day that you do become satisfied with where you are at. never settle. what a journey you are in. excited for ya friend.
yours truly.
erin e. dammon
What a GRAND adventure..."take it all in - it's as big as it seems"
I think about you every day. Love, Aunt Starla
Colby,
I loved those pictures. It looks fun.
Your Cousin
Kari
COLBY!!! You are such a stallion. There are people here in Brenham who think that Stallion is your last name. And I think it should be. That's all. I love you man.
Wow Colby! Thanks for sharing your amazing experiences and pictures so we can experience them too (or at least feel like we did). What a blast to read! And thanks for sharing your struggles so that we can exhale and say "me too!". What an encouragement to know your not the only one. Thank you for your transparency. It is a blessing!
your yoga buddy
jessica
Hey stud. I stumbled upon this gem of a site through JTorDO or someone, I forget. From my limited stalking on blogger, it looks as if your living it up. Have a blast and continue seeking our Father's face! Tata.
BTW. My dad has that very tent! But he doesn't use it as a home.
-Kevin
hey mr. colby! i really, really like these pictures.... i mean, like really. now i can imagine a little better what you're up to these days. it's been fun to read about your work there and the fun stuff you're doing too!
Colbs- I love the pictures! I hope the Lord is rejuvenating you even as you're on the go. Seek Him and you will find Him. My life's insane as Kimbo and Grant get married this weekend but no complaints! You are constantly in my prayers...and please don't fall in the cold water.:)
i miss you bub. i enjoy your continued convo with mikey on my blog...lets be honest its the only action my blog sees these days...dont you think i have forgotten you man! member when we lived together and stuff...member when you would always come in when i left the kitchen and snarc my food, then i would act like i didnt ever know, but i did...those were good days...love you bub.
jon david
hey Colby,
you don't know Brett, but you do know Billy (your most holy and famous cousin). Billy is acutally writing this, but Brett just had a user name and password for blogger.com, so hope that explains this deal.
hope all is going well. I had the chance to stay at your folks house, cause I had flight delays when I was going through DFW. If you have a chance give me a call.
Love you,
Post a Comment