Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Don't worry mom, it's not me in the profile picture

I just thought it was a funny. I had intended on updating this thing a few times before I got to Alaska, but I just never felt inspired enough to write. So this is my second day in Alaska, and we are headed to the glacier in about an hour. Probably wont get to use the internet for about 2 weeks, so I expect lots of comments telling me how much you miss me and how hardcore I must be to be here. Ha.

I stayed in at the Spenard Hostel last night awaiting my pick up this morning. Everytime I woke up during the night to shift positions and such I could see the sun blaring through the window so I was sure I over slept. It really is true. The sun doesn't go down AT ALL during the summer. So the sleep wasn't the best, but all the adrenaline of being somewhere new and the 3 months ahead of me has gotten me through the day. Tonight I will be utilizing my "Siesta Sleeping Mask" in my tent to sleep better.

I was picked up by the rest of the interns this morning, and they are all tree huggers. I love it. They are all really cool and I feel like we will get pretty close this summer. Don't worry Daddy Joe, I stand my ground. I will keep my tree hugging to a minimum, but can't promise too much.

I got to go, but I probably love everyone reading this. Your prayers are coveted.

I hope to go into more detail as the details and experiences arrive. And if I can figure it all out, pictures too.

-colby

Bear count: 0

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

colbs-you better be loving that place...dangit. you know you are in my thoughts bro...maybe when life brings us back together (lord willing) we can talk about how much tighter we could have been our last semester of college...by now you are back from your first outing and have a pretty good grasp of what your time there is going to look like...i hope it is promising!...continue to live in Him rooted and built up...i am confident you will find a way to make that happen in your new setting! youre loved bro...

i will be leaving for bcamp on sat. and we fly out on the 7th i believe...please talk to me when you get a chance...jontettleton.blogspot.com...

Lara said...

Colby Ivey!

I'm so excited to see how God is growing you through this experience, as I know i've probably shared with you in one form or another- be it email or phone or whatev.

It's crazy how fast things change, all while how much we're learning in the midst of it all...

I admire your heart! and I am totally jealous of your hard-core persona!! ;) I'm still striving and always will be to be that hard core.

and i want a siesta sleeping mask.
that's just not fair.

<3 ljo

Anonymous said...

Just remember if you can't outrun the bears you just have to outrun whoever you are with. Enjoy and know we are thinking of you and praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to know it's not you and that the bear count is still at zero! Are you staying warm? I'll make sure Daddy Joe knows you are with kindred tree huggers. LOVE YOU SWEETY!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Colby,

Don't hug the bears. I worked rotating shift work for 26 years so I can sleep in the sunlight or darkness but I guess that doesn't help you much. Wish I was there. I am praying. Uncle Don

Anonymous said...

you ARE hard core... no doubt about it. and i'm so happy b/c you actually put the six chicks' link on your blog... and not only is it there, it's first!!! thanks--- it means a lot to us all. enjoy your crazy adventure up there!

Anonymous said...

You little dirtbag!

I sure hope that you are having the time of your life...if not, then make it happen!

And I hope you are still doing your yoga, because I am loving it! Thanks for the recommendation.

Anonymous said...

Granny & Dad J said...
what a deal Colby Neal..you'd better put all of this in a book of tales for your kids to read and you to remember. we are praying for you to be safe, plant some God Seed, and learn all you can about tree huggers. Lv y...

Anonymous said...

well you're obviously more popular than me, and that's exactly how it should be. I'm praying for you man. All is well here, so fear not. I love you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

herman,
i feel so special that you have added the chicks blog at the top of your links.....seriously...we are honored! so, just let it be known at you have been added! i'm happy to hear you arrived safely and i'm looking forward to hearing all about your bear adventures! maybe one day we shall meet again!

Anonymous said...

so reading your 11!!!! comments i've been really tempted to not comment, but i wanted to encourage you so i gave in, even though you are way too popular:) working at the church is good (see blog for more indepth if you want!) but i miss all you kids. praying for ya and know that you are not in this battle alone. ENJOY His creation around you! I'm so jealous of what you are seeing right now. Revel in it. I get to go to CO next week with 10 jr highers and i'm way pumped. hope all is going well and we gotta work on a new posting when you get back! oh yes, i'm working on the yoga thing at your reccommendation like mikey, and i'm terrible at it, but i refuse to let it beat me:)press on!

Anonymous said...

Colby -- those moose and I have something in common .. a very short term memory. Keep your distance! And please keep us updated on the hot tub stories. Love, Aunt Starla

Anonymous said...

Colby,
You have probably read Brennan Manning, if you have not, start with Raggamuffin Gospel. I just finished Blue Like Jazz -- I loved it. Aunt Sheryl said you told her about it and she and Uncle Kyle both REALLY enjoyed it, Erin is reading it now. Keep having the time of your life,.... Love, Aunt Starla

Anonymous said...

Colby,
This is my first time on this site and sounds like you are having a great time.
Kari

Anonymous said...

Colby,
This is my first time on this site and it sounds like you are having a great time.
Your cousin,
Kari

Anonymous said...

Colb- I was thinking about you and wanted to remind you that I love you. Hope your still having a blast, I know I am. Only two more weeks left here in Mexico! Hope to hear from you soon. -sister.

Anonymous said...

What is your favourite season?

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Skip Laggin Downloads With NZB Downloads You Can Rapidly Search High Quality Movies, Games, MP3 Singles, Applications & Download Them at Fast Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup[/B][/URL]

Anonymous said...

Who knows!
---------------------------------------------------------
Signature:buy levitra professional online fnm